Today we had an interest meeting to bring in new members to InnovateEDU. We shared the goals of our organization and described our current projects: The Fair, UBTS workshops, and PS 101.
We then asked new members what they’re interested in and why they came here:
- Wanted to get involved with educational policy
- Help expand the use of flipped classrooms
- Help set up programs that would captivate interest for middle or high schoolers
- Frustration with their own secondary and tertiary education
- Encouraging expansion of flipped classrooms
- Research Virginia gubernatorial candidates views on education and inform students about them
- Teaching kids about exploring current events/politics, getting the full story and various viewpoints, how to determine biases
- Taking high-schoolers on an on-school-grounds nature field trip
We’ll be meeting next week, October 15th, to discuss these new ideas and our current projects!