Goals for Spring 2013
We are welcome to hold one 35-40 min workshop per Upward Bound & Talent Search tutorial next Fall. They have three tutorials next fall, which means there are 3 workshops in which we can create. These workshops are a way to connect with high school students with interesting topics and experiences that we have encountered as undergraduate students. We strive to inspire these students to be thoughtful about their education in these workshops. This is our chance to get creative and test out our innovative ideas and strategies for education.
OBJECTIVE: Come up with a 35-40 min workshop for next semester on a topic of your choice. We will then present these ideas to the director of Upward Bound for her final decision. These workshops can be done alone or in teams. You are welcome to enlist friends and faculty to assist.
A tentative schedule follows for progress in this project:
- Have a chosen topic by Wednesday, April 17, 2013
- Have a detailed plan for the workshop by Thursday, April 25th, 2013
- Have a plan for how to obtain all materials/people needed for the workshop by Wednesday, May 2nd, 2013
- Have a finished short summary of the workshop by Wednesday, May 8th, 2013
- Meeting with Upward Bound & Talent Search on Thursday, May 9th, 2013
Meetings for this specific project will be every other Thursday at 8pm (meetings are indicated above).