1. Summary of the events and feedback received from the engineering outreach with Upward Bound & Talent Search at Virginia Tech
2. Listed and discussed ideas for implementation:
- Undergraduate Research Resource Database
- Annual Seminar/conference
- Essay Contest/Scholarship
- Produce VT
- Problem Solving Competitions
- Reward Professors (Digs Scholars)
- Outreach to students
- Curriculum Ideas
- evaluate current classes and create strategies on how to make them better
- alternative schools taught using alternative methods (flip schooling)
- Short term projects presented to middle/high school kids posed with general, broad questions i.e. how could you improve Tech? Solve this problem at the end of a week-2 week program.
- Outreach to teachers about innovative methods
For the next meeting: Determine which projects are feasible and prioritize what to work on.